Valentine’s Day is almost here, and all over campus, different clubs are selling things or hosting events along the Valentine’s Day theme. It got me thinking that if Thanksgiving is the time to think of what you’re thankful for, then Valentine’s Day is the time to think about everything and everyone that you love. I could go on about how I love my parents and friends, but instead of people, I’m going to list some random things that I love:
- Sleep. If you read this blog regularly, you’re probably sick of hearing me talk about (or sing about) how much I love sleep. So basically, sleep is amazing.
- PUPPIES!!! I love animals in general, but I seriously cannot pass a puppy on the street without saying “AWWWWWW!!!!” I also have a puppy daily calendar in my room. Absolutely no shame.
- Tea. I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember, but learning more about it recently has made me love it even more. I mean, have you been to some of the stores that sell tea leaves? So many flavors, so little time.
- Really good smells. Whether it’s a perfume/body spray or a scent to fill a room, good smells are fantastic, and the moment you encounter one randomly is perfection.
- Soft clothing. I’ve talked about this before, too. Anything that is soft is comforting and perfect. How could you not love it?
- Beans. Random? Yes. But it’s fantastic food.
- Art. Art in all of its forms is life to me. Feeling stage lights on my face or feeling clay in my hands will make me feel incredibly happy in an instant.
- Corny jokes and puns. This is probably not surprising since I’ve used them often in my blog posts. Jokes that some people roll their eyes at usually get at least a chuckle from me.
- Netflix. I’ve only had it for almost a year but we already have a pretty solid relationship.
- Learning. I’m not trying to be cheesy, but I honestly love learning everything from random facts to new subjects. I love the feeling I get when bits of information from a bunch of seemingly unrelated classes fit together perfectly. It’s amazing how much there is to know about so many different things.
- Listening to music. Music is powerful, and there’s always a song out there that can fit whatever state of mind you’re in.
- Nature. Watching snow fall, looking out from mountaintops, seeing waterfalls cascading down, and observing animals interacting are all amazing experiences that nothing else can compare to. Nature is beautiful, exciting, and serene all at once.
- Writing. Physically writing on a piece of paper with a pen or pencil in my hand feels amazing.
- Books. I am perfectly fine with reading e-books, but it still doesn’t compare to the smell of a new book.
- Fall and Spring. Two seasons when the weather is the in-between perfect and everything in transformation looks beautiful.
There’s definitely more but I think this list is long enough for now. I hope you enjoy Valentine’s Day with all of the people and things that you love most!